Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ferguson Jenkins Autographed Baseball

I was able to add another Hall-of-Famer autographed baseball to my collection, just simply by chance, with this ball signed by former Chicago Cubs pitcher Ferguson Jenkins.


When I was in Arizona earlier this month, my cousin and I were going to a Spring Training game. There are plenty of opportunities in the Phoenix area, but being the big cubs fan that I am, of course that was the team I wanted to see. As we were entering Sloan Park, there were signs pointing to a covered area that said "Fergie Jenkins Signing" and pointing us in that direction. Apparently, there was a fundraising event at the field, and I had no idea that it was coming, despite looking in to such opportunities before leaving for my vacation.

In addition to Jenkins, there was Rollie Fingers, Bill Buckner, Gary Mathews, Bob Dernier, Pete LaCock, and Meadowlark Lemon. Unfortunately, it was towards the end of my trip, so my finances were a bit strapped, but I still was able to pick up a ball from a Chicago Cubs Hall-of-Famer.

No comments:

Post a Comment