Tuesday, November 17, 2015

JJ Watt Autographed Helmet

One of my favorite, and newest autographs in my collection is a helmet signed by my favorite football player, J.J. Watt. I got my hand on this through a private signing hosted by H&H Sports over the summer.


This is a full-sized helmet, and while I usually go for authentic models on most items, with football helmets, the replicas are actually much better for signing. Authentic helmets have more grooves and air holes on the top, which serve their purpose during in-game action, but the replicas have more of a classic look, with a larger surface available for the signature. Watt has a great looking signature, and even though I'm mostly a hockey guy, this piece is easily one of the cornerstones of my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment