Monday, December 12, 2016

Autograph Signing with Charlie Coyle and Marco Scandella

AME Sports recently held an autograph signing with Charlie Coyle and Marco Scandella of the Minnesota Wild. I was fortunate enough to be in the Twin Cities for the Neal Broten & Buzz Scneider signing a couple of weeks ago, but this one, I would have to sit out. Still, I never have to miss out completely, as AME is great with mail orders, so I was able to participate that way.

I have become a huge fan of Coyle from watching the Wild the last few years, and think he has the potential to become a major player in the NHL. I don't think he gets quite a lot of recognition across the league, but in the "State of Hockey," he has become a fan favorite, not only because of how good he is on the ice, but also because of how great he is with the fans.

I got two 8x10s of Coyle. One is taken from a moment during pre-game warmups a few years ago, when he waved hello to a young fan. The video of this, and the fan's reaction went viral, so I really wanted to get a photo of that moment signed. I asked fr gold ink, because I thought it would stand out better than blue or black, and it sometimes does, depending on how the light is hitting it.



I also got another 8x10 signed by Coyle, which I purchased from the AME. It really shows what I love about signed hockey photos when you see how much that blue in pops out of the photo when signed on the ice surface.


Lastly, I also got three cards signed. I had both Coyle and Scandella sign their Young Guns rookie cards, since I'm trying to accumulate as many of those and I can. I also had Scandella sign his 2010-11 Luxury Suite rookie card. I'm not collecting that set, I just thought it would look amazing when signed in blue. I was right.


That's it for this round. Between AME and FanHQ, both places have plenty of Minnesota Wild signings, so I'm sure there will be plenty more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment