Sunday, February 8, 2015

Autographed 8x10s of Pete Incaviglia and Terry Puhl

While I was on vacation in December, I missed out on pulling the trigger on a couple of signings hosted by my good friend Darrell at Halkman Sports, but luckily he had a few extra items that I was able to get my hands on from Pete Incaviglia and Terry Puhl.

The Puhl was a maybe for me, but Incaviglia was one that I had to have. When we lived in Granbury, Texas in 1990 & 1991, my dad took us to quite a few Texas Rangers games. Incaviglia was a big part of that team, and was a good home run hitter, but also great at striking out. In fact, when I was in Little League, and would get a little upset after striking out, my dad would console me by saying, "Don't get upset. Pete Incaviglia strikes out all the time and he's playing for the Rangers." It's absolutely perfect that this photo is of "Inky" mid-strike.


Terry Puhl wasn't someone I was too familiar with going in, but having grown up primarily in the Houston area, I'll take anything coming from the Astros. He was signed by the Astros in 1973 out of Melville, Saskatchewan, and made it up to the pro team in 1977. He played 15 years in the majors, finishing his career with a .280 batting average, 1,361 hits, and 435 runs batted in. After his retirement, Puhl was inducted into the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame in 1994, the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame in 1995, and the Texas Baseball Hall of Fame in 2006.


There still will be more to came, as Darrell has just finished a signing with Bret Boone, and has Todd Van Poppel, Aubrey Huff, Chuck Finley, and Fred Lynn scheduled within the next couple months. I'll be signing up for a few of those, and if any interest you, visit www.halkmansports.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment