Thursday, February 4, 2016

Max Talbot Autographed Puck

Along with the Ryan Johansen Items purchased from AJ's Sports World, I also found an item that I HAD to add to my Pittsburgh Penguins collections. Also in the "clearance bin" was a puck autographed by former Penguin Max Talbot.


While I usually prefer my pucks to be the Official Game Puck signed on the team logo side, this was one case where I was happy to make an exception. For those who don't know, when the Penguins last won the Stanley Cup in 2009, it wasn't Sidney Crosby or eventual Conn Smythe winner Evgeni Malkin who would come up clutch in Game 7, but Talbot who would become the hero. He may have scored just 12 goals the entire 2008-09 season, but he scored both of Pittsburgh's goals in the 2-1 Game 7 victory. He has bounced around between three other teams in the years since then, but he will always be remembered by Penguins fans as the man who won them the Cup.

Needless to say, this was definitely the perfect puck to have a signature of his on.

No comments:

Post a Comment