Monday, June 19, 2017

Some Father's Day Ink From My Girls

I had a GREAT Father's Day yesterday.

I spent the early part of the afternoon with my dad, as my wife, my girls, and I went to my parents' house for lunch. My brother, my cousin, my aunt, and my grandmother were there, as well, and it was great to have some family time (and to watch the Twins game on TV). Afterwards, we came back home and my girls gave me some gifts.

Now, I'm not one who feels an absolute need for surprise gifts. For my birthday, for example, I'd rather my wife just let me order the Center Ice package on DirecTV than to gift me with something that I may or may not like as much. I like the simplicity of it.

This Father's Day, though, they did surprise me with a gift that was just perfect for this autograph collector: a Fargo Force hockey jersey signed by the entire 2016-17 team!








(Some pictures showed the autographs better than others, but you get the idea.)

The jersey was  purchased at a silent auction held at my oldest daughter's school, and my wife got a GREAT deal on it. I guess there wasn't a whole lot of other bidding, as she ended up winning it for, basically, half of what an unsigned jersey would cost at the team store.  Now the only question is if I wear it to a game next season, or just leave it proudly displayed on the wall of my man cave.


No comments:

Post a Comment