Friday, September 26, 2014

2014 F-M Redhawks, Part 4/5: Autographed Baseball Cards

Along with the baseball I had the 2014 Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks sign, I also picked up a few baseball cards of the five players who had an MLB-licensed card released. Now, none of those players have played in the majors yet, but thanks to Bowman churning out their prospect sets, we did have a few cardboard appearances by eventual Redhawks players.

Nic Jackson - 2004 Donruss Diamond Kings (Chicago Cubs)


Sawyer Carroll 2009 Bowman Prospects (San Diego Padres)


Justin Erasmus - 2009 Bowman World Baseball Classic (South Africa/Boston Red Sox)


C.J. Retherford - 2010 Bowman Prospects (Chicago White Sox)


Petey Paramore - 2009 Bowman Sterling Prospects 27/199 (Oakland Athletics)


When my dad would take me to baseball games as a kid, one of my favorite things to do before a game was get autographs. I would always wait by the visitor's dugout before games since the traffic was lighter, and did pretty well, getting guys like Sammy Sosa, Mark Grace, Luis Gonzalez, Billy Wagner, and Jose Cruz. I haven't done much of it lately, with one reason being that the nearest MLB stadium is a 4-hour drive away in Minneapolis, but I almost forgot just home much fun it is. It's always great to be able to get that close to the action and meet the players who you watch so often. It's nice to get a good reminder of that every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment