Thursday, September 25, 2014

2014 F-M Redhawks, Part 3/5: Autographed Team Ball

The Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks not only had their various souvenir-style promotions throughout the 2014 season, but they also had a theme to each day of the week. Every Wednesday wasn't just College Night (which, sadly, is a promotion that hasn't applied to me for a decade), but also featured a "Post-Game Autograph Party." At the end of every Wednesday game, every player from the Redhawks would line up at the third-base-line fence and sign away for the fans.

Looking ahead at the team's schedule along with my own work schedule, I came to the realization that the July 9th home outing would be my last opportunity, so my wife & I arranged for a sitter and headed to the ballpark.

The game didn't turn out as well as we would like, as the Redhawks continued their slump with a 6-3 loss to the Gary SouthShore Railcats. The players were in good spirits after the game though, and were very conversational with all the fans.

Each player came equipped with a Sharpee, which doesn't always last too well on leather, so it was a good thing I brought a ball-point pen along. The autographs show up much better on a ball, and the thinner lines give room for more signatures to fit.





No comments:

Post a Comment