Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Private Signings for my 1989 Topps Set

While TTM has been the way to go for me in my set collecting goals, every now and then, I get an opportunity to get some cards signed from some tough-to-get signers. Of course, a lot of these instances happen through private signings. A good friend of mine put a couple together recently, that I was able to utilize for my 1989 Topps set, so I was sure to take advantage of it.

For Dave Magadan, I got my Topps card done, as well as one for my 1987 Donruss set. Also, since he spent a short time (1 season) with the Cubs, I had to also get a photo of him signed from that time period.



I also got a Topps card signed by former Mariners pitcher Mike Jackson. 

The Topps set is a long one, and one I will likely never complete, but it has so far been a fun project to work on.

2 comments:

  1. 1989 is an underrated set. Good luck with the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It was the first set of cards that I began collecting, and they look great signed.

      Delete